2/28/14 Another stellar review from Scott at Reviews Off Broadway:
- "A mesmerizing revival."
- "Ellen’s counterpoint in the press is Walker, played nicely by Justin Hoch."
- "Mr. Hoch bring[s] a depth of humanity and dignity..."
2/27/14 So check out this review out from Chris McKittrick at DailyActor.com:
- "...Hoch carefully tows the line between hero and villain. Keep your eyes on him for the quizzical ways he reacts to Lainie and Ellen’s words – his character might be louder, but Hoch effectively hints that Walker is even more deceitful than Ellen is at her worst."
And this review from Howard Miller at TalkinBroadway.com:
- "Where Dying City asks us to be analytical observers, Lee Blessing’s Two Rooms hits us directly in the heart. ... The pairing of these two plays was a smart decision by The Seeing Place... Both the lighting and the use of music are very effective in these productions, and such attention to detail greatly enhances them."
And these audience reviews from TimeOut NY:
- "Fantastic performances by all. Very compelling and heartfelt" - Mark
- "Saw two rooms last night. Wow! All four actors were phenomenal. They are just as good or even better than a lot of what we've seen on Broadway, so to get to see this kind of quality acting for only $12 is a steal! Highly recommend it. We're definitely new fans of the seeing place." - RC
- "Saw Two Rooms tonight, and it was EXCELLENT! I actually plan on going again, it was powerful and provoking and really makes one think about how Americans are seen in other countries. The acting was phenomenal, all the characters felt real." - Lyndsay
2/21/14 We've opened Two Rooms and Dying City! Tickets are available here: Two Rooms | Dying City
Photos by Russ Rowland.
12/28/13 The fest run continues! Saturnalia has been accepted into the Richmond International Film Festival!
12/25/13 Since I had it, I figured I might as well use it:
12/7/13 I was just cast to play Walker in TWO ROOMS, by Lee Blessing. We open February 21st, 2014!
Time Magazine named it the "Best Play of the Year" in 1988.
11/24/13 MEN IN WHITE has closed! It was a great run and I had a really good time. Looking forward to the next show!
11/8/13 MEN IN WHITE has opened!
10/9/13 Postcards are in for Men in White! I am playing Dr. Levine and Mr. Rummond in this rare revival of the 1934 Pulitzer Prize winner. I'm very excited. We open November 8th and run through the 24th. Tickets are available now for single shows and season package deals.
10/5/13 Saturnalia has won a slew of awards and was just accepted into another festival - the Crown Heights Film Festival. So far, it's won:
Best Narrative Feature - Cincinnati Film Festival
Special Jury Feature Award - Columbia Gorge International Film Festival
Best Feature - Kingston Film Festival
Best Cinematography - Chain NYC Film Festival
Best Actress - Chain NYC Film Festival
Best Actress - Woods Hole Film Festival
This was taken on the set of Saturnalia:
Because I think it's funny, here's what I've looked like in the past: